Paying My Bill
When it comes to managing bills, everyone has their own preference and needs. Superior Water, Light and Power offers a variety of services that make paying your bill more convenient. Call to take advantage of any of the programs below.
Budget Billing is an excellent way to manage your summer and winter heating bills. We recommend this plan for our customers who want their monthly payment to remain the same each month. We'll average your annual energy costs and create a monthly budget based on that average. Your monthly bill will always indicate the actual amount of energy you have used and your actual metered charges.
AutoPay — Recommended
AutoPay—operated through Western Union Speedpay©—is a way to automatically pay your monthly utility bill. You select a date and each month a payment will be withdrawn from the bank account of your choice or posted to a credit, debit or ATM card.
- The plan is free if you enroll using a checking, savings or money market account.
- The plan costs $2.75 per payment if using a credit, debit or ATM card.
- Monthly payments are the only option available.
SWL&P suggests you choose a payment date that is the same as the due date of your most recent bill. Any withdrawal date after the due date could result in a late payment charge. And check the due date on your bill from time to time to be sure it hasn’t changed.
Read through the following instructions for setting up AutoPay and how to edit your information. Then click here to access the Western Union Speedpay system for SWL&P.
How to Set Up AutoPay:
- Enter your SWL&P account number and the first three letters of the business name or the primary account holder’s last name.
- Select "Submit."
- Select "Agree" to Western Union Speedpay Terms and Conditions to continue.
- Select "Schedule recurring payment" and then select "Continue."
- Enter bank routing number and account number.
- Select "Pick date" (refers to monthly payment date). From the calendar, select your monthly withdrawal date. We suggest selecting the due date from your most recent bill. Any withdrawal date after the due date could result in a late payment charge.
- On the "Payment stop?" option, select "Never." Enter your email address to receive notifications about scheduled payments. After verifying all the information, select "Save recurring schedule."
How to Change AutoPay:
To change bank account number, email address or stop date:
Select "View/manage recurring schedule."
Select "Edit" and enter your new account information.
To change withdrawal date:
Select "View/manage recurring schedule."
Select "Use saved account info."
Find the "Withdrawal date" field and select "Pick a date."
Select date from the drop-down calendar. We suggest selecting the due date from your most recent bill. Any withdrawal date after the due date could result in a late payment charge.
Review the next page for accuracy.
Select "Save recurring schedule."
Review recurring schedule confirmation page.
One-Time Electronic Payment
Through Western Union Speedpay©, SWL&P offers a one-time electronic payment option. Click here to access the Western Union Speedpay system for SWL&P.
SWL&P has multiple locations available where you can conveniently drop off your bill.
Drop box locations, picked up daily:
Super One Foods
- 1515 Oakes
- 2202 East 2nd Street
- Walmart – 3801 Tower
Check/money orders only
2915 Hill Avenue
Superior, WI 54880
Call 715-394-2200 for payment arrangements
Pay your SWL&P bill at any Walmart location. Click to find the Walmart location nearest you!
Just visit any Walmart MoneyCenter or customer service desk.
- Standard payment: $0.88 – delivered within 3 business days
- NextDay payment: $1.88 - delivered on the next available business day if paid by 6:00 pm
Be sure to bring the following:
- Your SWL&P bill statement
- Cash or PIN-based ATM debit card – you will need to know your PIN number
If you need to verify your payment with SWL&P, just call 1-800-227-7957 or 715-394-2200 and provide the SWL&P Information Rep with the payment receipt number.
As always, SWL&P is ready to work with you to make payment arrangements.
Home Heating and Weatherization Assistance
You may be eligible for home heating and weatherization assistance.
Call us at 715-394-2200 for details regarding agencies currently providing these services.
Mailing Your Bill:
Superior Water, Light and Power
PO Box 169003
Duluth, MN 55816
- Enclose your payment stub
- Write your account number on your check or money order
- Please do not send cash
- Sign your check
- Do not staple, paper clip or tape