Ways We Can Help

Call us to set up a payment plan

If you, or someone you know, is facing a high utility bill, SWL&P is here to help customers get caught up by setting up a payment plan, deferring payments or putting you in touch with available resources.

We want to help you continue to receive uninterrupted electric, gas and water service. Call us at 715-394-2200 or 800-227-7957 prior to April 15, when utility disconnections will resume.

Disconnection of utility service(s) are a last resort for us – customers will not be disconnected for non-payment if they contact SWL&P to enroll in a payment plan or deferred payment arrangement for outstanding and current balances.

The Wisconsin Public Service Commission voted last week (Mar. 19, 2021) to end the state’s moratorium on utility disconnections, which has been in place during the past year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

You may be eligible for assistance through the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. Apply at or by calling them at 800-506-5596. Visit the website to find out where to apply in person or call 866-432-8947.

Energy Assistance - Income Threshold

Income threshold to receive Fuel Assistance through Douglas County

Household Size Monthly Income Annual Income
1 2,490 29,881
2 3,256 39,076
3 4,023 48,270
4 4,789 57,464
5 5,555 66,658
6 6,321 75,852
7 6,465 77,576
8 6,608 79,300

Apply here:


If you do not qualify for fuel assistance based on your income, below is a list of resources you can reach out to:

Work Force Resource Emergency Assistance (855) 792-5439
Douglas County Veteran Services (715) 395-1331
St. Vincent’s de Paul (715) 398-4039
Salvation Army (715) 394-7001
Central Assembly of God (715) 394-5567