Paying Your Bill
When it comes to managing bills, everyone has their own preference and needs. Superior Water, Light and Power offers a variety of services that make paying your bill more convenient. Call to take advantage of any of the programs below.
Budget Billing is an excellent way to manage your summer and winter heating bills. We recommend this plan for our customers who want their monthly payment to remain the same each month. We'll average your annual energy costs and create a monthly budget based on that average. Your monthly bill will always indicate the actual amount of energy you have used and your actual metered charges.
Recurring Payment Plan (Electricheck) - Recommended
You can have your payment automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the date you specify each month. There is no fee for this service.
Receive only 6 bills, instead of 12, if you use little to no energy during a specific 6-month period.
Pay your SWL&P bill with your credit card, debit card or checking account. There is a $2.95 charge for every $500 for residential customer accounts. For commercial customer accounts there is a $2.95 charge for every $800. Contact Speedpay directly at SpeedPay
or 1-866-678-8868. You will need your account number when you contact Speedpay.
SWL&P has multiple locations available where you can conveniently drop off your bill.
Drop box locations:
- SWL&P – picked up daily
- Mariner Mall – picked up daily
- Super One Foods – picked up Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 1515 Oakes
- 2230 East 5th Street
- Super One Foods – Thursday only
- Walmart – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Click to find the Walmart location nearest you!
*New Walmart Walk In Payment Option
- Pay your SWL&P bill at any Walmart location.
- Just visit any Walmart MoneyCenter or customer service desk.
- Standard payment: $0.88 – delivered within 3 business days
- NextDay payment: $1.88 - delivered on the next available business day if paid by 6:00 pm
- Be sure to bring the following:
- your SWL&P bill statement,
- cash or
- PIN-based ATM debit card – you will need to know your PIN number
- If you need to verify your payment with SWL&P, just call 1-800-227-7957 or
715-394-2200 and provide the SWL&P Information Rep with the payment receipt number.
As always, SWL&P is ready to work with you to make payment arrangements.
Home Heating and Weatherization Assistance
You may be eligible for home heating and weatherization assistance.
Call us at 715-394-2200 for details regarding agencies currently providing these services.
Mailing Your Bill:
Superior Water, Light and Power
2915 Hill Avenue
P.O. Box 519
Superior, WI 54880
- Enclose your payment stub
- Write your account number on your check or money order
- Please do not send cash
- Sign your check
- Do not staple, paper clip or tape